Where do Robots Fit in Tomorrow’s Supply Chain?)
Honeywell Robotics! The Step Towards an Innovative Future.
Honeywell Robotics recently announced the opening of its new advanced technology i.e the center of excellence. The company is situated in Pittsburg. The center is currently focusing especially on artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced robotics for the supply chain.
Statement of Joseph Lui !!
“As AI, machine learning and computer vision become commonplace, Honeywell Robotics will create innovative, breakthrough technologies to help customers alleviate skilled labor shortages, reduce safety risks and eliminate inefficient tasks,”
The use of artificial intelligence and advanced robotics will help the supply chains to evolve. The changes including advanced warehouse execution systems, 3D storage and sortation solutions to improve capacity and efficiency, and autonomous mobile robots – it’s just the start of the
digital transformation in warehouses.
Improved Adoption Rate
The approach of companies will be to grow its robotics solution by the following:
- Continuing to develop its home-grown Honeywell Universal Robotic Control (HURC)based robotic solutions;
- Working with best in class robotics start-ups to improve their solutions and integrate them into work cells; and
- Extending the Honeywell Momentum Warehouse Execution System (WES) platform to embrace all HURC-based robotic solutions and other partners’ robotics solutions to enable seamless interworking of the robotic work cells in the warehouse.
Is investing in Artificial Technology Worth?
It looks worth investing in A.I. for supply chains and warehouses. There are several advantages that artificial technology provides to customers and give them a happy, worthwhile experience.
Some of the features that A.I. provides are as followed:
- Improve speed and accuracy of routine operations, particularly in warehousing and manufacturing
- Add efficiency through side-by-side work with humans
- Reduce the risk of employee injury in dangerous environments.
- Perform lower value, mundane tasks so humans can work collaboratively to focus on more strategic efforts that cannot be automated
- Enhance revenue by improving perfect order fulfillment rates, delivery speed, and ultimately, customer satisfaction.